Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 22nd Post

Welcome Back!


Even though Christmas is two months away, this week in my blog I'll be discussing an article about how people spend during Christmas (on average). I was really interested in this article because I first started purchasing gifts for my family about two years ago, and the first year I bought gifts was horrible. Being who I am, I spent nearly $800 dollars on the whole family. Which I crazy if you think about it. Being sixteen and not concerned about any sales or deals that could have went on, I blindly spent more money then I needed to. The article "Here's How Much People Actually Spend On Christmas Gifts by Lauren Martin" says, according to a November poll that Gallup conducted the average shopper intends to spend about $800 in general but ends up spending about $1000. To me personally I find it so interesting that people spend so much on gifts. Don't get me wrong though I love to give, especially because Christmas is my favorite holiday. Just from reading this article makes me want to be more aware of what I'm spending this Christmas! Last Christmas I did better only spending around $500, but this year I only plan on around $300. We'll see how that goes...





By: Lauren Martin
December 18, 2015
http://www.elledecor.com/life-culture/a8093/how-much-people-spend-on-christmas-gifts/

No comments:

Post a Comment