Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Nov. 5th Post

Welcome Back!

This week I'll be discussing something the every one is excited for, which is Thanksgiving! I found an article about the average amount a person consumes on turkey day. In the article "How Many Calories Do We Really Eat at Thanksgiving," Tara Parker-Pope paints a statistically picture of on the average amount people tend to eat on Thanksgiving. Based on information provided by the article, it says that the average American can consume up to 4,500 calories or more! Wow. That is a lot of calories, but if you look at it from the perspective that most people only do this a couple of times in the year then it's alright. This article is fairly small and a quick read, but nevertheless it does provided with the information I was looking for. I was always curious about how much people eat on the holidays, because I know for me I eat a lot too. So I believe this article educated me about the calorie intake of an average American at Thanksgiving. I think I'm just also excited for Thanksgiving!








Tara Parker-Pope
November 12, 2012
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/how-many-calories-do-we-really-eat-at-thanksgiving/?_r=0









No comments:

Post a Comment